Marvel's Phase 5 Announced!

Oh my gosh. My brain cannot process everything that was shared in Hall H today at San Diego Comic Con. First of all, it's at least giving us a direction of where the Marvel universe is heading because frankly, I've been trying to wrap my head around where it's going because (sorry to say) I'm getting a little burned out from Marvel movies. I KNOW! There's so MUCH content out there from the series on Disney+ to the films - there's just a lot. 

Anyway, today in Hall H they shared trailers that had details in them that are too much for me to handle right now but really helps us understand the big baddies of this phase of Marvel films and series. So, let's talk about the movies and trailers they shared and why they matter. Obviously we're going to have to discuss more of WHY these new villain's and characters matter in future blog posts but let's just give a short summary of why these trailers and announcements matter:   

  • AntMan and Wasp Quantumania (Feb, 2023) 
    • Why this matters? Oh man guys. OK in Antman and Wasp for a split second we see Kangs castle in the quantum realm (the baddie at the end of Loki). It is official that he will be in Quantumania since he was apparently seen in the trailer that was shown in Hall H. Can't wait to see that!
  • Secret Invasion (Disney+ series, May, 2023) 
    • We already got a taste of this when we learned that Fury and Agent Hill were actually Kree, which I believe all started during Age of Ultron. 
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (May, 2023) 
    • This will be the last Guardians movie, which breaks my heart but Warlock people! Warlock is the son of Wanda!! He was also teased in this trailer that hasn't been made public yet but hopefully soon!!!
  • Echo (Summer, 2023) 
    • Daredevil is in this and this is really the only reason I'm ampt for this series. Daredevil fan for life!
  • Loki season 2! (Summer 2023) 
    • It's still my favorite Disney+ series and I can't wait to see how it all ties in with Quantumania. 
  • The Marvels (July, 2023) 
    • Mmmm naw. I... I dunno guys. This will have both Captain Marvel and Ms Marvel in it and that's what I know... 
  • Blade (November 2023) 
    • More to come on this one because I don't know much about it TBH. 
  • Ironheart (Disney+ series, fall 2023) 
    • Female Iron Man that I also don't know much about 
  • Daredevil Born Again (Spring 2024) 
    • The reboot of THE BEST Defenders series from Netflix. I cannot tell you my excitement for this. Daredevil is my FAVORITE hero next to Captain America. Ugh so good. Can't wait. I hope Disney doesn't butcher it. 
  • Captain America: New World Order (May 3, 2024) 
    • I'll get back to you on this one. Sam Wilson in his debut movie as Cap! 
  • Thunderbolts (July 26, 2024) 
    • Venom is actually a member of the Thunderbolts so we'll see if Eddie Brock will return in this film!
Again, this is a lot! I don't even know where to start when trying to break down Phase 5. Oh and did I mention they announced movies for Phase 6 already? Avengers titled movies!! According to ComicBook.com, "Confirmed as the first film in Marvel's Phase 6 will be the MCU reboot of the Fantastic Four, premiering in theaters on in theaters November 8, 2024. Two more titles for Phase 6 were confirmed as well Avengers: The Kang Dynasty set to premiere in theaters May 2, 2025 and Marvel Studios' Avengers: Secret Wars arriving in theaters November 7, 2025."

Fiege did officially announced that phases 4, 5 and 6 are all titled the Multiverse Saga! But guys, even with these new films I'm still trying to piece together if you need to watch ALL these series and ALL these movies. Even for me as a Marvel fan, it's hard and I had to really make myself watch Ms Marvel.... oh jeez.  

More of my opinions to come later (if you care) about the next phase and how phase 4 has felt for me. Oh boy guys! OH BOY! 

Comments

Popular Posts