Can We Talk Star Trek Picard?

This is so great, yesterday was Star Trek Day, celebrating 55 years of Gene Roddenberry's wonderful creation. A new Star Trek series was introduced and reunions happened AND a new trailer dropped for Star Trek Picard season 2, that's set to premiere next year! If you haven't seen the newest trailer for the Star Trek Picard series, you should... if you're a Trekkie, if not then keep walking and move onto the next What If... episode (that zombie one was good, right?!). 


So, looks like Q isn't quite done screwing with Picard's life yet. Obviously, he made Picard play Robin Hood, got sent to court and accused of things that Picard only sort of did, and now it looks like he wants to put Picard's wits to the test again! I mean we saw Q in the last teaser trailer but now we know why he's back. Doesn't Q have anything better to do? If I were a Q I'd spend my time doing whatever I wanted... and I guess this is what Q wants to do in his free time, but he could still leave the whole world out of it. 

If you don't know, Q is a species alien called Q's who can change time and matter and make anything appear with the snap of his fingers. In the Star Trek: Next Generation series, Q really knew how to get on Picard's nerves and put Picard in so many binds, which makes him one of our favorite villains... if not our favorite villain. He has a sense of humor but is pretty sinister if  you ask me. I was very delighted to see his return, even if he isn't sporting that tacky gray jump suit from "Deja Q" or the red officers uniform that he never deserved to wear. 

Another added bonus was the Borg Queen, she is so gross isn't she? The last time we saw her she was nearly convincing Data that she was a good person and that she could change his life by making him more human. We saw how that ended, with one of Data's best lines - "resistance is futile!" I'm intrigued to see why Q brings the Borg Queen back. Picard obviously still has some PTSD from being Locutus, and Seven of Nine is a part of Picard's band of misfits so it'll be fun to see all their storylines tie in together. 

The Borg Queen, well to tell you about her we'd have to tell you about the Borg who are a race... sort of race that believes being machine is greater than being organic. So they go around in their cube shaped space ship and assimilate species and create more Borg. They are not individuals, they are all part of a hive and all think the same and do what their told and almost always get killed for it. The Borg Queen... how do I explain her, she isn't an individual but like how I described the Borg before, she's the

queen of the hive, she can make ultimate decision for the collective, she's the nexus. 

Anyway, I needed to geek about this. You can see upcoming "who are they" posts on my Instagram page about who all these characters are. I grew up watching TNG so Captain Picard is close to my heart and I love seeing all these characters come back and learning more about other characters from other Star Trek series. 

Comments

Popular Posts